A ‘Magnetic Poem’ tanka
masculine mouth smiles
that smooth sensuous mustache
more symbol than style
sexy face a mystery
poet dude's alluring ode
- Last time, I attempted to write a poem with the ‘Geek Set’ for the first time; and for this poem, I decided to try out the ‘Mustache Set’;
- I had thought that the ‘Geek Set’ would be easier than the ‘Nature Set’, but – oh boy – was I mistaken about that;
- And – just now – I discovered that using the ‘Mustache Set’ is even more difficult;
- I again opted for a tanka, rather than a haiku;
- Tanka traditionally have a ‘turn’ in the 3rd line, but I didn’t include one in this poem because it turned out to be too much of a challenge for me;
- In fact, putting together any mustache-themed words at all that sounded anything like a poem was not easy;
- I searched for a photograph of this particular model smiling (as the poet does in the tanka), but I couldn’t… so I opted for a pensive pose of his instead, which, I decided, is what he looks like when he writes poetry 🧔
55 thoughts on “Poet dude, or: Symbol”
Btw, you bare a striking resemblance to Jake G. I had to do a double-take.
Thanks, 🙂 but I think it’s just that one photo!
This is the cutest thing ever. The verbiage is phenomenal, but the presentation is just so adorable to me for some reason.
I look forward to more 🥰
One of my friends said that the concept of a ‘poet dude’ made her snort her drink through her nose 🤣
Poet dude…I’ve known a few of those. I love the way the two words sound together anyway.
Geek and Mustache are definitely the hardest sets for me. (K)
Thanks, Kerfe. By the way, I was wondering recently – how do you pronounce your name? is the final ‘e’ silent?
Two syllables Kerf-ee.
You are getting better and better at this! ❤️❤️🤗
❤ Diana ❤
ain’t he though? 🧔🏻
I had to go check out the magnetic poetry sets – hehehe! I think these are some fun themes but as you said, a little challenging!
A mustache set? That is hilarious. What will the magnetic makers think of next?
I am not convinced a mustache is smooth, but your poem about the subject is. 🧔
Well a mustache could be smooth, no? 🤔
I suppose so. Mustache wax must help with that. 😆
For example, Freddie Mercury?
Quintessential stache! It is a smooth one. Not everyone sporting a hairy upper lip, has his style and finesse. May he (and his mustache) rest in peace. 🎶 💗
I am sure you belong in the Freddie stache camp. I am also sure your wife would not settle for anything less! 😀
Actually, Michele – she would prefer that I shave it off entirely and go Shenandoah – because she doesn’t like the way it feels when we kiss.
What can I do?
Listen to your wise wife, of course!
I feel like a mustache’less beard is more Amish or Muslim than Jewish… and I like my mustache 😦
I see your point. To beard or not to beard? 🤔 Relationships have their share of compromises. Hopefully, it never involves less kisses. 💏
Any poem that praises mustaches has a head start with me! A mustache is about the only thing my two husbands had in common! Nicely done, David! Love the photo. ❤ Robert is cleanshaven, but I love him anyway! All the best!