A ‘Magnetic Poem’ tanka
Wanna try? Click here.
why elaborate? frantic whispers screaming stop we like want need our picture of a peachy life as he beats her bloody raw
- This poem was inspired by The Paltry Sum’s blog post: ‘Marriage is Murder’;
- For this poem, I decided to make use of the ‘Original Set’ on the Magnetic Poetry website;
- I once again opted for a tanka, rather than a haiku;
- The extra two lines (14 syllables) provide a greater challenge, as well as a larger canvas;
- I searched for and found the featured image only after I had written the entire tanka.