A ‘Magnetic Poem’ tanka
my open lips as I'm born
over and over
rhythm's son is but a child
exploring his self and voice
- For this poem, I decided to make use of the ‘Poet Set’ on the Magnetic Poetry website;
- I once again opted for a tanka, rather than a haiku;
- The extra two lines (14 syllables) provide a greater challenge, as well as a larger canvas;
- This time, for the first time, I “cheated” with the magnets;
- The word ‘over’ was only available once in the set I used, so I copy-pasted that magnet into the 3rd line of my poem in order to use it more than once;
- I searched for and found the featured image only after I had written the entire tanka.
24 thoughts on “Midwife, or: Lover”
tenderly Written David!
😄 Cindy 😄
Oh. My. God!! Freaking the eff out right now. Love it… so much.
You have a very high capacity for making me feel happy, Lia.
🤍 Jeff 🤍
Writing is like being born over and over…I suppose all creating is. The Oracle is wise. (K)
😃 Kerfe 😃
Nice one! I’ve gotta give this magnetic thingy a try. :>)
Yes, do! And please share the link with me 😀
Amazing! I love where the inspiration of the magnets take you!
Thanks so much, Muri.
Very lovely and the photo goes so well with it.
😃 Thanks, Lauren. I must confess that searching for appropriate photos (which both respond to and shape the meanings of my poems) is quite fun!
Beautiful, David! Lovely photo, too. ❤
I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Cheryl
💝 Worms 💝
Thanks for introducing me to the online magnetic poetry site! My middle schoolers will love it. And the poem is lovely, too 🙂
😁 Beth 😁
💝 Filipa 💝