A ‘Magnetic Poem’ tanka
mother and father
always belonged together
their child remembers
moments of joy, tears, and heart
night takes life, but can't touch love
- For this poem, I decided to make use of the ‘Love Set’ on the Magnetic Poetry website;
- I think this is a brand new set of virtual magnets because I noticed it for the very first time tonight when I visited the Magnetic Poetry website!
- I once again opted for a tanka, rather than a haiku;
- The extra two lines (14 syllables) provide a greater challenge, as well as a larger canvas;
- This particular poem is something of a reflection on my memories of my parents and my childhood in the context of my Papa’s death nearly three years ago;
- I searched for and found the featured image only after I had written the entire tanka.