A ‘Magnetic Poem’ tanka
Wanna try? Click here.
broken man must laugh delicious caramel voice like magic poison his lips drink of her rhythms as haunted heart slowly decays
- For this poem, I decided to make use of the ‘Poet Set’ on the Magnetic Poetry website;
- This piece is entirely fictional;
- I’ve never been divorced – this is merely a product of my imagination rendering a divorced man that is still madly in love with his wife;
- I once again opted for a tanka, rather than a haiku;
- The extra two lines (14 syllables) provide a greater challenge, as well as a larger canvas;
- I searched for and found the featured image only after I had written the entire tanka.
Festival of Shavuot (Pentecost)
The Jewish festival of Shavuot began at sunset on Sunday and ends at sunset on Monday. In terms of religious restrictions, this festival is similar to Shabbat (the Sabbath). Therefore, I have scheduled some blog posts (including this one) to go up in the meantime – I hope you enjoy them!