A ‘Magnetic Poem’ tanka
digging for freedom
poet combing through his life
looks at mystery
a great smoky chest intrigues
takes it by smooth, cool handles
- For this poem, I decided to make use of the ‘Mustache Set’ on the Magnetic Poetry website;
- I once again opted for a tanka, rather than a haiku;
- The extra two lines (14 syllables) provide a greater challenge, as well as a larger canvas;
- For this particular poem, I challenged myself to write in the fantasy adventure genre, using a word set that lends itself to something else entirely.
- If you take a look at the ‘Mustache Set’, you’ll see what I mean – the words are related to sweaty sexiness and masculinity.
- I searched for and found the featured image only after I had completed the tanka.
20 thoughts on “Smooth, cool handles, or: Within”
Very interesting and great piece. I agree with most of the comments here. Magnetic poetry is something new to me. Very interesting indeed my friend. Hope you and your sweet family are enjoying your day. Hugs to all. 🤗🤗🤗❤️
We had a very restful Shabbat 🙂
One should always make sure to bring mystery. (K)
Or seek it? Sometimes I have trouble finding mine 😉
I don’t get that impression at all. I think you see the mystery very well.
Awesome, David. I love the image you create by combining the concept freedom with poet combing through his life…stunning. ❤️
🧡 Thanks, Jeff 🧡
I am quite attracted to this magnetic poem. Badum tish! 🥁 😁
🧲 Michele 🧲
This poem reminds me that I am at that age where I am searching through old memories to make sense of my life and make my peace with the past. Thank you for a very meaningful poem, David! ❤ Take care!
😘 🤗 Cheryl 🤗 😘
I’m not sure what I like about this one more. that you took “sweaty sexiness and masculinity” and made a wonderful poem or that the inner exploration revealed that there is mystery and calm…
Aawww, thanks, Muri ❤
(let me know if you come to a decision 🙃)
tbh I wouldn’t have noted any noted any of the sweaty stuff had David it not mentioned the words 😀 – now whether that is a compliment or the opp, I don’t know 😉
I was just making an objective observation, really ❤
well done! you have a real knack for this magnetic poetry thing!
💘 Worms, thank you! 💘
worms has taken the words out of my mouth 🙂
💓 Barbara 💓