A ‘Magnetic Poem’ tanka
digging for freedom
poet combing through his life
looks at mystery
a great smoky chest intrigues
takes it by smooth, cool handles
- For this poem, I decided to make use of the ‘Mustache Set’ on the Magnetic Poetry website;
- I once again opted for a tanka, rather than a haiku;
- The extra two lines (14 syllables) provide a greater challenge, as well as a larger canvas;
- For this particular poem, I challenged myself to write in the fantasy adventure genre, using a word set that lends itself to something else entirely.
- If you take a look at the ‘Mustache Set’, you’ll see what I mean – the words are related to sweaty sexiness and masculinity.
- I searched for and found the featured image only after I had completed the tanka.