grey inside & out glistening on the window depression reflects
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
30 thoughts on “Glistening, or: Grey”
Weather can affect our very being. I can appreciate the few days of rain we get very much. I will often sit on my outdoor swing and appreciate its beauty. Sunshine, however is good for my soul. I am blessed to have serene spots to enjoy nature in my own happy back yard.
It’s so good to appreciate our blessings…
The weather always influences our state of mind. (K)
Absolutely. I remember that back when I was working at the Department of Energy in DC, I had to step outside into the sunlight for lunch during the winter months – otherwise I would become depressed.
Great combo of your words and pic David. ❣️❤️
I actually found the pic before I wrote the words this time, Cindy – it partially inspired them.
Oh very cool. My photographer friends pics have inspired great lines which is soooo awesome when that happens❣️❣️❣️
Mmmm. Very nice, David. ❤
💘 Thanks, Jeff 💘
An effective gloomy prompt nudging us to remember the sunshine from as recently as yesterday!
Yeah, Mary Jo… And, in truth, even the gray and the rain are beautiful in their own ways…
Most definitely! 🙂
Short simple yet deep 🥺
❤ thanks, Khirda ❤
Rain can dampen spirits as this poem suggests. I hope the sun come out and chases the gray away…. Nice haiku (or more accurately zappai).
Muri – I hadn’t known of zappai until just now… I knew about senryu and haiku… this is new to me. Thank you!
Compelling post, David! Gorgeous words and image. ❤ All the best!
✨ 🙏 ✨ Cheryl ✨ 🙏 ✨
I love it David! ❤ Great picture and beautiful lines. 🍀 Take care.
💝 Filipa 💝
🙏 Thanks, John 🙏
Aw, man, I love the difference between silver and grey. No tangible difference except perspective. A half full / half empty thing.
Thanks, Pete – I’m so glad this resonated with you 🙂