My 2nd Blitz Poem
Not again Not the same Same shit different day Same old Old fart Old school School curriculum School trip Trip over yourself Trip switch Switch around Switch knife Knife's edge Knife in the back Back to the basics Back to work Work around Work it It's ironic It's a bitch Bitch slap Bitch please Please please me Please don't touch Touch a nerve Touch and go Go away Go to hell Hell has no fury Hell on earth Earth shattering Earth science Science museum Science department Department of mathematics Department store Store brand Store away Away with you Away we go Go forth and prosper Go to town Town car Town hall Hall of fame Hall pass Pass the baton Pass the buck Buck Baton
Blitz Poem rules
- Line 1 should be one short phrase or image (like “build a boat”)
- Line 2 should be another short phrase or image using the same first word as the first word in Line 1 (something like “build a house”)
- Lines 3 and 4 should be short phrases or images using the last word of Line 2 as their first words (so Line 3 might be “house for sale” and Line 4 might be “house for rent”)
- Lines 5 and 6 should be short phrases or images using the last word of Line 4 as their first words, and so on until you’ve made it through 48 lines
- Line 49 should be the last word of Line 48
- Line 50 should be the last word of Line 47
- The title of the poem should be three words long and follow this format: (first word of Line 3) (preposition or conjunction) (first word of line 47)
- There should be no punctuation
Let’s write poetry together!
When it comes to partnership, some humans can make their lives alone – it’s possible. But creatively, it’s more like painting: you can’t just use the same colours in every painting. It’s just not an option. You can’t take the same photograph every time and live with art forms with no differences.–Ben Harper (b. 1969)
Would you like to create poetry with me and have a completed poem of yours featured here at the Skeptic’s Kaddish? I am very excited to have launched the ‘Poetry Partners’ initiative and am looking forward to meeting and creating with you… Check it out!