My 3rd Blitz Poem
Third time's the charm Third degree murder Murder she wrote Murder on the Orient Express Express mail Express train Train for success Train crash Crash test dummies Crash and burn Burn to a crisp Burn rate Rate of inflation Rate of interest Interest groups Interest free Free of charge Free spirit Spirit of the Law Spirit world World of pain World War Two Two's company Two birds with one stone Stone sober Stone dead Dead Sea Scrolls Dead end End of the road End of Story Story goes Story line Line of sight Line up against the wall Wall clock Wall of silence Silence of the Lambs Silence is golden Golden goose Golden Gate Bridge Bridge partner Bridge the divide Divide and conquer Divide and rule Rule of thumb Rule of three Three dimensional Three sheets to the wind Wind Dimensional
Blitz Poem rules
- Line 1 should be one short phrase or image (like “build a boat”)
- Line 2 should be another short phrase or image using the same first word as the first word in Line 1 (something like “build a house”)
- Lines 3 and 4 should be short phrases or images using the last word of Line 2 as their first words (so Line 3 might be “house for sale” and Line 4 might be “house for rent”)
- Lines 5 and 6 should be short phrases or images using the last word of Line 4 as their first words, and so on until you’ve made it through 48 lines
- Line 49 should be the last word of Line 48
- Line 50 should be the last word of Line 47
- The title of the poem should be three words long and follow this format: (first word of Line 3) (preposition or conjunction) (first word of line 47)
- There should be no punctuation
Let’s write poetry together!
When it comes to partnership, some humans can make their lives alone – it’s possible. But creatively, it’s more like painting: you can’t just use the same colours in every painting. It’s just not an option. You can’t take the same photograph every time and live with art forms with no differences.–Ben Harper (b. 1969)
Would you like to create poetry with me and have a completed poem of yours featured here at the Skeptic’s Kaddish? I am very excited to have launched the ‘Poetry Partners’ initiative and am looking forward to meeting and creating with you… Check it out!