Chap easily Chap hop Hop to it Hop skip and a jump Jump the shark Jump and jive Jive talking Jive turkey Turkey shoot Turkey cocks Cocks eggs Cocks eye Eye of Ra Eye catching Catching some z's Catching off balance Balance of nature Balance beam Beam me up Scotty Beam of light Light speed Light headed Headed for extinction Headed the wrong way Way of life Way back when When opportunity knocks When hell freezes over Over my dead body Over easy Easy as falling off a log Easy money Money talks Money is the root of all evil Evil incarnate Evil spirit Spirit of turpentine Spirit level Level with me Level up Up up and away Up front Front organization Front and center Center yourself Center for Disease Control Control mechanism Control variable Variable Mechanism
Blitz Poem rules
- Line 1 should be one short phrase or image (like “build a boat”)
- Line 2 should be another short phrase or image using the same first word as the first word in Line 1 (something like “build a house”)
- Lines 3 and 4 should be short phrases or images using the last word of Line 2 as their first words (so Line 3 might be “house for sale” and Line 4 might be “house for rent”)
- Lines 5 and 6 should be short phrases or images using the last word of Line 4 as their first words, and so on until you’ve made it through 48 lines
- Line 49 should be the last word of Line 48
- Line 50 should be the last word of Line 47
- The title of the poem should be three words long and follow this format: (first word of Line 3) (preposition or conjunction) (first word of line 47)
- There should be no punctuation
Let’s write poetry together!
When it comes to partnership, some humans can make their lives alone – it’s possible. But creatively, it’s more like painting: you can’t just use the same colours in every painting. It’s just not an option. You can’t take the same photograph every time and live with art forms with no differences.–Ben Harper (b. 1969)
Would you like to create poetry with me and have a completed poem of yours featured here at the Skeptic’s Kaddish? I am very excited to have launched the ‘Poetry Partners’ initiative and am looking forward to meeting and creating with you… Check it out!