Poetry Partners #10
‘I am a poem’, by Chris Reilley of ‘Christopher Reilley Poems’
I am a poem. I am more than a collection of random words. I am much more than meter and rhyme. I was wrestled from magic, fixed into place, and spun like candy floss into being. If I can live one day, one single day before moving down the list of poems like me that wish to exist, I will have meant something. If I can relay to you, and you and you, something different, something other, in a way you not only understand but feel - I will have succeeded. If I can become; deep meaning in every line, taught to future poets, loved by one an all I will have triumphed. And win or lose, pass or fail, I will happily break down into words to be wrestled into shape for the next poem at the top of tomorrow's list.
- Christopher Reilley: http://chrisreilleypoems.blogspot.com/
A cleave poem by ben Alexander of ‘The Skeptic’s Kaddish’
|if I am alive, then||perhaps I am a poem|
|without any thought toward an end||hoping for relevance, which|
|is hard for me to fathom and||will always be limited by my ability|
|to actualize, for I want||to express myself in flowing words –|
|perhaps, impossibly, to transcend life||while somehow remaining down to earth|
|floating through time and space||even as my body gradually falls apart|
|like a soul that let go||in the attempt|
How to read a cleave poem?
- Read the left hand poem as a first discrete poem.
- Read the right hand poem as a second discrete poem.
- Read the whole as a third integrated poem.
Let’s write poetry together!
When it comes to partnership, some humans can make their lives alone – it’s possible. But creatively, it’s more like painting: you can’t just use the same colours in every painting. It’s just not an option. You can’t take the same photograph every time and live with art forms with no differences.–Ben Harper (b. 1969)
Would you like to create poetry with me and have a completed poem of yours featured here at the Skeptic’s Kaddish? I am very excited to have launched the ‘Poetry Partners’ initiative and am looking forward to meeting and creating with you… Check it out!
List of Poetry Partners
- Murisopsis of ‘A Different Perspective’
- Judy Dykstra-Brown of ‘LifeLessons’
- Jennifer Patino of ‘Thistle Thoughts’
- Mike L. Utley of ‘Silent Pariah’
- Barbara Schaefer of ‘solitary 4 tomorrow’
- Ron Rowland of ‘Navigating This Thing We Call Life’
- Cheyenne MacMasters: of ‘Cheyenne Paints’
- Rae Cod of ‘Rae Cod’s Writing’
- Eric Erb of ‘erbiage’
- Chris Reilley of ‘Christopher Reilley Poems’
- Jim- of ‘TheCommonAtheist’
- Selma Martin of ‘Selma’
- Vidah (Chavi) of ‘Magical World’
- varityteller of ‘Truth and Recovery’
- Quaranjavirus of ‘The Forgers of Fantasy’
- Kunjal of ‘Duo Disseminators’
- Coco of ‘un p❜tit je ne sais quoi’
- Lov Verma of ‘Underthetamarindtree’
- bodypositivefemme of ‘Ann_Within’
- Steven S. Wallace of ‘There is no Stigmata’
- Shay Simmons of ‘Shay’s Word Garden’
- Constance Bourg of ‘Tender Rebellion’
- C L Barton of ‘Linnets Sing in the Trees’
- Madamchryzl of ‘Rhymes, Writings, and Confessions to Small Crimes’
- Sangeetha of ‘Mindfills’
- Jo of ‘people in poetry’
- Audrey Duff of ‘Stopping Schadenfreude’
- Gillena Cox of ‘Verses’
- Yasmin of ‘yaskhan’
- Martha Anewa of ‘a young writer’s mind’
- Malalai Khan of ‘Malalai Noor Khan’
- Adam Taylor of ‘Adam’s Poems Etc…’
- trE of ‘A Cornered Gurl’
- Cindy Georgakas of ‘Unique Times with Cindy’
- paeansunplugged of ‘paeansunpluggedblog’
- davidatqcm of ‘The Hobart Chinaman’
- Orion Foote of ‘Visions of Orion Poetry’
- Susi Bocks of ‘I Write Her’