A poem in blank verse
The vociferous clamoring follows me, as I descend into the tunnels, fading slightly as I slosh through the wet, gurgling flow of words. Cringing, I recall the mob's chanting: "Charlatan! Imposter!" Pipes clink and quiver, releasing tonal rhythms of steam around me, drowning out the distant blabber. Here, deep within me, dissonance dissolves into honeyed hums; Aurus' sonorous mumbling reaches me. Splashing about at the rippling source is the imp, babbling in the vibrant waters, rainbowed by his endless, rambling verses. "They've discovered you, Aurus! They've figured..." Gleefully, Thesaurus cackles: "At last!"
d’Verse poetics prompt
The Poet’s Store House
At d’Verse, poets were encouraged to do one of two things:
- Write a SOUND POEM which includes AT LEAST ONE from EACH of the FIVE HEARING CATEGORY SELECTIONS below: (reference the hearing words you chose in your post).
- bellow; clink; drone; jingle; quiver;
- clamor; dissonant; rip-roaring; tempestuous; vociferous;
- dulcet: honeyed; poetic; sonorous; tonal;
- blabber; cackle; dribble; gurgle; seethe;
- beseech; chant; drawl; embellish; intone
- Simply write about the Thesaurus – what it means to you; describe it, have fun with it. Let the synonyms flow, or antagonize with antonyms.
I did both.
Let’s write poetry together!
When it comes to partnership, some humans can make their lives alone – it’s possible. But creatively, it’s more like painting: you can’t just use the same colours in every painting. It’s just not an option. You can’t take the same photograph every time and live with art forms with no differences.–Ben Harper (b. 1969)
Would you like to create poetry with me and have a completed poem of yours featured here at the Skeptic’s Kaddish? I am very excited to have launched the ‘Poetry Partners’ initiative and am looking forward to meeting and creating with you… Check it out!