It's not that I'm being a jerk when I fail to answer the phone. Please, as I'm quite busy at work... Leave your message after the tone. Those crazy rumors of my death - They're all entirely overblown! So, for now, while I yet draw breath, leave your message after the tone. If your life's lacking in poor puns, such that make my family groan, or you relish tart jokes 'bout nuns, leave your message after the tone!
- written in quatrains (stanzas of 4 lines);
- each quatrain contains a refrain (usually the last line of each stanza);
- each line consists of eight syllables;
- no limit to the amount of stanzas, but three is considered the minimum;
- popular rhyming schemes: aabB, ccbB, ddbB, with B being the repeated line, or abaB, cbcB, dbdB; mixing up the rhyme scheme is possible: axaZ, bxbZ, cxcZ, dxdZ, etc. with Z being the repeated line.
‘What do you see’ Prompt #129
Muri’s poetry scavenger hunt
From what I understand, she’s offering three poetry prompts every week for the duration of the month of April ’22 (on MWF).
Last year, I was pretty busy with my personal micropoetry project so I only responded to several of her poetry challenges, but this year I hope to rectify that!
Let’s write poetry together!
When it comes to partnership, some humans can make their lives alone – it’s possible. But creatively, it’s more like painting: you can’t just use the same colours in every painting. It’s just not an option. You can’t take the same photograph every time and live with art forms with no differences.–Ben Harper (b. 1969)
Would you like to create poetry with me and have a completed poem of yours featured here at the Skeptic’s Kaddish? I am very excited to have launched the ‘Poetry Partners’ initiative and am looking forward to meeting and creating with you… Check it out!