Miz Jelena’s Sweet Potato Pie Draws me so, but I cannot say why. I wonder 'bout the tangy smell... But the woman refuses to tell! "Just, eat some more," she replies with a sigh.
d’Verse poetics prompt: Make mine a double-dipper!
At d’Verse, poets were encouraged to select at least one of the following sixteen Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavors and include the name in the body of a poem ~ and the poem cannot be about ice cream!
- Change is Brewing ~ current
- Half-Baked ~ created in 2000 -still going strong
- Urban Bourbon ~ 2017 – still going strong
- Coffee Coffee Buzzbuzzbuzz ~ current
- Wavy Gravy ~ 1993 – 2001
- Urban Jumble ~ 2000 -2001
- Dastardly Mash ~ 1979 – 1991
- Miz Jelena’s Sweet Potato Pie ~ 1992 – 1993
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road ~ limited edition available July 18 to 25, 2008
- Late Night Snack ~ 2010 – 2014
- Imagine Whirled Peace ~ 2007 – 2013
- Sugar Plum ~ 1989 – 1990
- Cool Britannia ~ 1995 – 1998
- Economic Crunch ~ only in 1987 during the stock market crash
- This is Nuts ~ 2001 – 2002
Let’s write poetry together!
When it comes to partnership, some humans can make their lives alone – it’s possible. But creatively, it’s more like painting: you can’t just use the same colours in every painting. It’s just not an option. You can’t take the same photograph every time and live with art forms with no differences.–Ben Harper (b. 1969)
Would you like to create poetry with me and have a completed poem of yours featured here at the Skeptic’s Kaddish? I am very excited to have launched the ‘Poetry Partners’ initiative and am looking forward to meeting and creating with you… Check it out!
39 thoughts on “Savory, or: Sweet”
I love limericks! I don’t care for sweet potatoe pie. Too sweet! Love your poem!
🤭 Mary 🤭
nom, nom, nom nom , nom great
💖 Roger 💖
💘 Dolly 💘
Gobble, gobble, sigh, sigh.
💞 Helen 💞
Yes, don’t talk with your mouth full. Haha! 🙂
😋 Terveen 😋
that was something. thank you for the laughs. the pie does look delicious.
💚🙏🏻 Audrine 🙏🏻💚