Once the humblest and simplest of the Goddess’ disciples, Vera had long been on the upgrade, known far and wide by other acolytes for her unnatural lack of fear. Never once had she oscillated from the Hallowed Way, even when faced with the most challenging of paranormal rituals.
She belonged, body, heart and soul, to Thea.
This piece of flash fiction was written in response to:
- The Sunday Muse #234;
- Fandango’s One-Word Challenge: ‘upgrade’;
- Ragtag Daily Prompt Saturday: ‘fear’;
- Word of the Day Challenge: ‘paranormal’;
- The Daily Spur: ‘flight’;
- Your Daily Word Prompt: ‘oscillate’;
- Sammi Cox’s Weekend Writing Prompt #283