The bibliophile’s prayer:
Dear Books, I confess my adoration for you! Please deliver me from life’s mundanities into those magical heavens of limitless, ideal fantasies above. Help me maintain my tenuous balance, lest I plummet to reality.
When I first wrote this piece, I misread one of the prompts! I thought Sammi Cox’s prompt word was “bibliophile” – but it is “bibliopole”! Ack!
So, I’ve rewritten this piece accordingly!
The bibliopole’s prayer:
Dear Books, I confess my adoration for you! Please deliver my customers from life’s mundanities into the heavens of limitless, ideal fantasies. May we help them maintain their tenuous balance, lest they plummet earthward.
This piece of flash fiction was written in response to:
- The Sunday Muse #237;
- Fandango’s One-Word Challenge: ‘confess’;
- Ragtag Daily Prompt Saturday: ‘thanks’;
- Word of the Day Challenge: ‘adoration’;
- The Daily Spur: ‘ideal’;
- Your Daily Word Prompt: ‘deliver’;
- Sammi Cox’s Weekend Writing Prompt #286: ‘bibliopole’