On the momentous occasion, the youth nearly floundered before her humble hut but, shaking, managed to present Elder Aric with the fern leaf.
“Greetings, Elder… Vedia offers tribute… We honor our roots.”
This piece of flash fiction was written in response to:
- The Sunday Muse #238;
- Fandango’s One-Word Challenge: ‘flounder’;
- Ragtag Daily Prompt Saturday: ‘roots’;
- Word of the Day Challenge: ‘greetings’;
- The Daily Spur: ‘hut’;
- Your Daily Word Prompt: ‘youth’;
- Sammi Cox’s Weekend Writing Prompt #288: ‘momentous’
31 thoughts on “We honor our roots”
Honoring roots…a beautiful privelege and practice
💗🙏🏻 Susie 🙏🏻💗
Roots are a wonderful thing to honor my friend David. Wishing you an amazing week.
💖🙏🏻 Carrie 🙏🏻💖
I love the honouring of roots. Smiles.
💕🙏🏻 Sherry 🙏🏻💕