Albadawi picked at his food, not reacting to Baba’s saturnine work story. To his left, Jada entertained his baby sister with boring folklore.
Turning inwards, the youngster filtered out the family’s endless chatter, imagining himself soaring freely above the foaming clouds, mounted atop a massive flying fish.
This piece of flash fiction was written in response to:
- The Sunday Muse #247;
- Fandango’s One-Word Challenge: ‘boring’;
- Ragtag Daily Prompt Saturday: ‘filter’;
- Word of the Day Challenge: ‘foaming’;
- Your Daily Word Prompt: ‘react’;
- The Daily Spur: ‘folklore’;
- Sammi Cox’s Weekend Writing Prompt #299: ‘saturnine’
31 thoughts on “Above the foaming clouds”
Can I go with him? Outstanding, David!
💗🙏🏻 Sara 🙏🏻💗 ~ thank you