Resting atop her horse, Susan sighed.
Following Pa’s funeral, she didn’t want to exacerbate the family conflict, but the mutual disdain was hardly ephemeral. Her brother couldn’t live without his housekeeper or pretentious silk ties, whereas social standing didn’t factor into her equation.
|Image: ‘Taking a Snooze’ by Todd Klassy|
This piece of flash fiction was written in response to:
- The Sunday Muse #260;
- Fandango’s One-Word Challenge: ‘housekeeper’;
- Ragtag Daily Prompt Saturday: ‘ties’;
- Word of the Day Challenge: ‘mutual’;
- Your Daily Word Prompt: ‘exacerbate’;
- The Daily Spur: ‘equation’;
- Sammi Cox’s Weekend Writing Prompt #312: ‘ephemeral’
34 thoughts on “Pretentious silk ties”
Everyone has their priorities! Love the way you wove all the prompts to create such a concise story!!
💞🙏🏻 Muri 🙏🏻💞
Great job David! Different strokes for different folks..no horsing around there.. 💗
🐎🙏🏻 Cindy 🙏🏻🐎
Oh, this family dynamic sounds quite familiar to me! Maybe that’s why I liked this picture so much 🙂
💓🙏🏻 Shay 🙏🏻💓