I have never taken a blogging course; all of my advice is based upon my own intuition and limited experience.
Also, I think it is important to note that some of my very favorite bloggers are people who make no attempts to increase their subscriber counts – they are content to write purely for themselves, and I have tremendous respect for that. You need not necessarily feel that you must attain a lot of subscribers. Blogging for yourself can be very rewarding.
- Your profile – linking to your blog
- The aesthetics
- Timing your blog posts
- Categories and tags
- Leverage your identity – add a photo to your sidebar
- Community etiquette – on WordPress.com
- WordPress insights – not really a blogging tip
- Network with smaller blogs
- Time management
- Dealing with spam on WordPress
- Long game & Blog identity [NEW]